Guidelines for Members
Welcome to the Al Nelson Friendship Center Food Pantry, a program of the Northern Berkshire Interfaith Action Initiative. We are an all-volunteer group of people of various faiths and denominations working with others of good will to serve our community. We strive to treat those we serve with respect, confidentiality, and a friendly attitude. We welcome feedback and seriously consider any concerns you might have.
In turn, we ask the following:
- Please treat all others with the same respect we give to you. This includes speaking in a moderate friendly tone, avoiding the use of lewd, offensive language or cursing, and any loud or argumentative discussions.
- Smoking or vaping is allowed outdoors, at street-width distance from the entrances or from a formed line.
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes in your family size, the address and makeup of your household unit, or other changes to your file record during your food pick-up. If you are not able to submit changes in person, please submit such changes in writing and signed by you. For a third party pick-up, please see the Food Release form for further instruction.
- All persons living in one residential unit will receive food as a unit, other than approved exceptions.
- We allow any member to pick-up food for one other member on the same day of their food pick-up. For any member or a third party picking up food for you, you and the third party must fill out a signed authorization form. Please note, it remains your responsibility to keep your file record current either by submitting signed and written changes or during an in-person visit to the Food Pantry.
- Please, if at all possible, bring re-usable cloth or other sturdy type bags when you come to the Food Pantry.
- Please, take only the listed number of items from the choice table and respect the authority of the volunteer(s) stationed at the bread and pastry section.
In full consultation with members and volunteers, the Board of Directors and its officers reserves the right to take action to address concerns and problems that might arise in the course of operations. In addition we reserve the right to require proof or validation of any information which you have provided to us.
Thank you, pantry members – our friends, family and neighbors – from North Adams, Clarksburg, and Florida Mountain for your cooperation, support, encouragement, and friendship in the nearly seven years since we have opened. It has been an honor and pleasure to serve you.
Mark Rondeau, President NBIAI